If you can read this text, your browser is not interpreting this page as the designers intended.
This may be because you are using an obsolete, non-standards compliant browser or
you have Cascading Style Sheets disabled.
Read more about Web Standards at Reactive.
Thu 4 October 2018
- The statutory office of Chief Examiner was created by the Major Crime (Investigative Powers) Act 2004.
- The Chief Examiner is an independent statutory officer who controls the compulsory examination process.
- In January 2005 Damien B. Maguire was appointed as Victoria's first Chief Examiner and held that position until July 2015.
- On 13 October 2015 Stephen J. McBurney was appointed Chief Examiner and held that position until 2 February 2018.
- On 23 February 2016 Damien Hannan was appointed sessional Examiner.
- On 20 June 2018 Joanne L. Smith was appointed Chief Examiner, having previously been an Examiner appointed on 2 February 2016.
Last Update: Thu 4 October 2018 | Copyright © 2006 Chief Examiner. All rights reserved.